After an intense period of testing, panic, technical embarrassment and, eventually, excitement, we're delighted to announce the launch of our new Gersnet Podcast.
Each week our eager pool of presenters and guests will review all the relevant Rangers news, as well as offering up their analysis of that week's matches. Usually we'll be recording every Sunday evening for a release on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Now and again we'll also be looking to record some special shows along with some extra guests.
For our launch broadcast, Colin Armstrong, Ross Bennett and myself look back at the draw with Motherwell whilst also discussing OTT stewarding and a lack of choice for Rangers fans watching/listening to games. We're still currently awaiting propagation (and approval) from some platforms but we're hopeful the podcasts will be available very soon across several providers.
At the moment you can subscribe to the pod via the following platforms (remember to download their app from the App Store and/or Google Play) if you want to listen/download on your mobile devices. If you encounter any problems, then please email us for help.
- Acast: https://www.acast.com/gersnet
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/gersnet-podcast/id1367486387
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjonaQVRhZNv1jN4SSz8bsw
- Castbox: https://castbox.fm/channel/fa2e801c39a9dfac69c6f7f28316b4be1be2b863 (also compatible with Alexa Skills - use your Echo to enjoy the pod!)
- Google Play (USA only for now):
- Spotify: Submitted for review
- TuneIn: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Football/Gersnet-Podcast-p1117723/
- Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=180590&refid=stpr (also compatible with Alexa Skills - use your Echo to enjoy the pod!)
- Podbean: Coming soon
Another cool feature of Castbox and Stitcher is that you can add Skills to your Alexa smart devices in order to listen to the pod through your Echo or TV.
Just open your Amazon Alexa app and search for the relevant Skill to add it, then try the following example commands to get started:
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox to play the Gersnet Podcast”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox to play the latest episode of the Gersnet Podcast”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox to play my Favorites playlist”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox to play Front Page”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox what are my playlists?”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox to play Listen Later”
Obviously the Skills support various other relevant commands which you can have fun exploring!
As it stands our list of presenters and guests are as follows - including their Twitter and Gersnet Forum handles so you can 'debate' their opinions.
- Colin Armstrong (Govan_Rear_Bear / @moonman1873)
- Ross Bennett (rfb1872 / @RossBenn1)
- Stewart Franklin (Frankie / @GersnetOnline)
- David Fraser (Soulsonic5791)
- David Tomlinson (Pete / @GersnetPete)
We've also had a wide range of other people express an interest in appearing so you be sure of a varied line-up and topic list over the coming weeks and months. A special thanks goes to our talented sound guru @Big Jaws who has been a huge help in getting this off the ground and he'll be doing the dirty editing work each week.
Discuss this article
Enjoyed this analysis? Disagree entirely? Found a spelling mistake? Whatever your opinion, it's welcome on our popular and friendly message-board.