Auchenhowie Training Centre

Club Information
Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Auchenhowie Training Facility opened in 2001; cost £14million and is situated in Milngavie - to the North West of Glasgow. It was named after previous Rangers owner and Chairman Sir David Murray and is commonly known as Murray Park.  In 2012, after the 1899 company liquidation due to financial mismanagement of the club, the fans decided to remove the disgraced former owner's name from the centre.

The site is 38 acres in size and includes six full size pitches along with two half sized ones and a practice area. It has a synthetic indoor pitch to allow for the all too common inclement Scottish weather.

It's divided into three sections: Administration, Professional and Youth. Both sets of footballers have their own reception area, dining room, changing room, lecture room and kit stores.

Auchenhowie aerial view
Auchenhowie aerial view
Auchenhowie entrance gates
Auchenhowie entrance gates
Gym
Gym
Foyer
Foyer
Indoor 3G pitch
Indoor 3G pitch
Outdoor pitch
Outdoor pitch

Two full-sized and one half-sized pitch are dedicated just to the first team - the rest used by the youth set ups. The Professional Pitch has undersoil heating.

All the players use the gym, medical suite and indoor synthetic pitch. The gym cost £150,000 and all machines and the players that use them can be linked to a central computer for analysis. The editing suite cost £50,000 - all very hi-tech! They also have a hydrotherapy pool.

Seven security guards are employed and the site costs ~£1.2 Million per year to run.